Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm Having an Art Show


Waterloo Studios is featuring my photography and poetry, starting with a reception the night of Friday, June 28th, and running through Saturday, July 20th. (See complete details on the postcard, above.)  Selected pieces of my photography will be for sale.  And, as part of the Waterloo Arts Fest on Saturday, June 29th, I will be facilitating a community poetry event featuring erasure poetry. I'm using this type of poetry prompt to give festival go-ers the chance to see and create poems the way Michelangelo saw his sculptures -- I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.

The poems that I like the best will be featured on my blog.

Prepping for my first gallery show has been a lot of work, but I'm nearly finished, and it's almost time for the let go and see what happens part. 

Consider this blog post your invitation to please come, introduce yourself, enjoy the festival, and see all that the Waterloo Arts District has to offer. The District is undergoing a transformation this year and, really, who can beat the location -- right along our beautiful lake, less than a ten minute drive from downtown, with easy Route 90 access, to boot!

No comments: